The Premium Source of Bioavailable Selenium
ALKOSELR397 is a specific inactivated whole cell yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae NCYC R397) product containing elevated levels of organic selenium (min. 98%).
It is registered and authorized in the European Union as a nutritional feed additive for all animal species (EC 3b8.11). It contains more than 98% of selenium in an organic form (this means the element 'selenium' is metabolised by the yeast and part of the amino acids and proteins).
Due to its high bioavailability, ALKOSELR397 optimizes the animals' selenium status, which helps realize their full growth and production potential. The product quality and consistency of ALKOSELR397 guarantees animal performance, which will, in turn, result in increased profitability.
The selenium yeast is grown on a specific fermentation medium with measured amounts of inorganic selenium (sodium selenite). The specific Saccharomyces cerevisiae (NCYC R397) used in ALKOSELR397 production incorporates inorganic selenium and converts it into organic selenium (incorporated into amino acids notably as selenomethionine and other seleno compounds such as selenocysteine). The strain has been specifically selected to ensure optimal conversion of the inorganic selenium into organic selenium.
- ALKOSELR397 has been formulated to ensure optimal flow during industrial processes and homogenous repartition into premixes
- ALKOSELR397 has to be mixed into feed via a premix
- ALKOSELR397 is compatible with most ingredients and additives used in the manufacture of feedstuffs
- ALKOSELR397 can be used in organic production under Regulation (EC) No 834/2007 as amended
ALKOSELR397 is available in two formulations:
- ALKOSELR397 2000: containing 2000 – 2400 ppm total Se (>98% organic Se) and >3150 ppm Selenomethionine
- ALKOSELR397 3000: containing 3000 – 3500 ppm total Se (>98% organic Se) and >4700 ppm Selenomethionine